Sunday, November 4, 2012

Working in EMS and being a student

There is nothing better than being able to take what you learn in class and relate it to the real world. This is why I love working in EMS and being in medic school. Everything that I learn in medic I am able to take with me and relate it, somehow to a call that we get. Whether it be a respiratory or cardiac, trauma, or other medical emergencies, it's nice to be able to have my input and be able to show the medics that I work with that I am understanding what we are learning and know how to use the skills and knowledge.

I do highly recommend that anyone that wants to take a medic program work in EMS for a bit before they start a medic program and that they be working in EMS during the course of the program. Everything is so much easier when you can take what you have learned in medic and place in the "real world" with actual patients that are actually having an emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment