Friday, November 9, 2012

Today's Class

So we started off class today with a drug quiz. We were quizzed on ASA, Nitro, and Morphine. I'm feeling pretty good about the test. They are easy drugs that are used pretty much everyday, multiple times a day. What I have really come to understand is that the class of the drug, can tell you just about everything related to that drug. So as long as you know what the class is and what it means, you pretty much can explain your entire drug.

After the quiz we started to go over ECG/EKG's. It has been a few days since we covered them in class, so I was a little happy to go over them. Let me just say that if you do not study your EKG rhythms everyday, you will forget information and start to get them wrong-even on the simplest ones. I took a day off from studying EKG's because my head felt like it was going to explode with all the information that we covered. Guess what, I had trouble with some of the rhythms. EKG rhythms are definitely something that I have to go over each and every day, even if it's just a few rhythms here-and-there. Nonetheless, I did pretty good. I guessed most of the rhythms correct, but when it came to my turn to say what the rhythm was, I had some trouble. It will take a lot of dedication, hard work, and reviewing to make sure that I know these rhythms inside and out.

Overall it was a good day in class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's do a little review on the medications:
Aspirin - 324mg oral given for CP and suspected MI
Nitro  - 0.4mg tablet given SL every 3-5 minutes (up to 3 tablets) for CP and CHF
Morphine - 2-5mg (0.05mg/kg) IVP for severe pain, pulmonary edema, and CP post Nitro

No comments:

Post a Comment